Do you and your team have what it takes to be successful B2B marketers?
In today's new world of B2B, it takes much more than a large sales force or dial list to be successful.
If you want to drive sales of epic proportions, you need to make sure you have the skills and experience necessary to make incredibly smart decisions, and be able to answer questions like:
- What is the best way to prioritize my B2B marketing mix in 2014?
- Or engage key decision makers through mobile?
- Or leverage LinkedIn to generate and nurture leads?
- Or improve the quality and quantity of my online lead gen?
That's where OMI instructor Jasmine Sandler comes in. Jasmine is the founder of Agent-cy Online Marketing, and for the past 8 years, she has been training marketing & sales professionals on the best ways to generate leads online and convert those leads into longtime customers. (Make sure to check out her OMI course on LinkedIn marketing.)
I recently interviewed Jasmine to learn more about her experience, and get her advice for transforming from the B2B professional of yesterday to the marketing superhero of tomorrow. Here's what she had to say:
1. Jasmine, how did you get started in B2B marketing? What were you doing before that?
I was entering graduate school in Miami in 1995 and started working for a small web design and development company, selling deals to local Miami businesses. Prior to that, I spent 2 years on Madison Avenue in NYC as a Media Buyer for Foote, Cone and Belding and then as a Marketing Manager for a small restaurant marketing firm, also in Manhattan. Since 1995, I have sold, build, solutioned and managed 1000’s of web projects, both for clients and other agencies.I also spent 5 years as a Data Manager at IBM Global Services.
2. What do you love most about it? What do you dislike the most about it?
Brainstorming ideas that result in audience development and working directly with clients to watch their businesses grow. I truly dislike the dishonesty in my field. I am in the process of writing a series of books on the Truth about Online Marketing.
3. Why did you decide to specialize in B2B social media and online marketing?
I have always had a strong interest and talent in B2B solution sales and marketing from my days at IBM through my sales of digital services to agencies. When I started Agent-cy in 2006, the mission was to provide an agency level of service that focused on delivering quality of service direct to the C-suite, while focusing on using the web as a cost-efficient medium. Social Media can be an excellent channel to drive up brand awareness and audience development. Couple that with effective Search Marketing and a B2B organization can truly win online. To me, that is pure marketing excellence.
4. What are the top 3 qualities of successful B2B digital marketers?
- A strong understanding of how decision makers use the web to obtain products and services.
- An advanced level of knowledge and use/experience in all levels of online marketing, including Search Marketing. E-Mail Marketing, Online Media and Social Media Marketing as Community Development.
- Strong analytic skills and experience in online marketing.
5. What is your best advice for brands and agencies that want to gain a competitive advantage in 2014?
Invest in a strong social media marketing team and management tools – all the way from providing current marketing managers and sales personnel with the tools and guidelines they need to be successful in using social – to acquiring solid content creators that are of the highest quality and have a true understanding of the company’s industry, business and competitive market place.
6. You train a lot of companies and professionals in social media and online marketing. Why is professional education important?
Metrics, technology and competition in our industry changes on a daily basis. For any corporate marketer or anyone who is looking to build a career in marketing, continuing education in this field is absolutely essential.
7. Now to some serious questions... what have superheroes taught you about marketing and advertising?
8. If you could be any superhero, who would you be?
I am a superhero 😉 — Wonderwoman and Shehulk
9. Who is your dream client?
10. What song best describes your work ethic?
“Lose Yourself” (Eminem 2007)
Learn the secrets of LinkedIn marketing success.
Take Jasmine's LinkedIn Marketing Crash Course now and arm yourself with proven tactics & tools to build your brand and boost your sales. You'll see rich demonstrations on how to use LinkedIn to maximize your leads, and review solid examples of LinkedIn users and influencers who are using LinkedIn as their #1 marketing channel. Take this course now.