Web Usability Certification
Making Dollars and Sense from Usable Web Design
With the website being the first representation of a company, visitors assume that if your website is dysfunctional, so are your products and services. But user experience and efficient website design has much more of an impact than just branding. Research shows that usability has a direct affect on sales and conversions with percentages reaching up to 225%, which means the stakes are especially high for ecommerce businesses.
As the digital age continues to evolve, consumers expect websites to be usable and informative. Consequently, more and more companies seek out qualified user experience professionals to maximize online marketing, help improve ROI and appease customer needs and desires.
In association with leading research firms and industry associations, the Online Marketing Institute has developed practical usability training and professional guidance on how to design for users needs and leverage variables pertaining to human-computer interactions.
- Develop a strong understanding of user experience design, including tools and strategies that will help you analyze business opportunity.
- Learn how to evaluate, measure, and improve websites with proven design and usability tactics and strategies.
- Receive web usability credentials and valuable skills in less time and money than a degree would require.
- Be recognized for your web usability expertise and commitment to evolving your skill set.
What You’ll Learn:
- Review the fundamentals of usability, user-centered design, and user experience with close detail to human-computer interactions.
- Understand how humans interact with computers and the psychology of memory and attention as well as user conceptual models.
- Realize the distinction between tactical usability and strategic user experience.
- Analyze websites for design iteration and validation and user-centered agile methods.
- Design sitemaps, lo-fidelity sketches, wireframes, page/screen type patterns, and more.
- Discover the value of measurement and testing, such as group usability walkthroughs, IA tree testing, tandem testing and closed card sorting.
- Learn how humans process information and make decisions and how to translate these actions into usability design.
- Implement key data gathering techniques, such as contextual inquiry and interviewing, task identification and analysis, and persona definition and evaluation.
- Interpret data to drive improved performance and organizational changes via conversion, stickiness, satisfaction, and ecommerce metrics.
- Develop an overarching strategy for user experience design for each page.
Still have questions?
We're here to answer your questions about certifications. Submit your inquiry below and we'll get back to you by the next business day.