Facebook is a great advertising tool, but you have to know how to strategize its use in order to get the maximum benefit out of it. Here are some Facebook advertising and marketing tips that you can use to boost performance in a scalable way. Learn how to choose your campaign objectives, the benefits of making use of a variety of Facebook advertising formats for different needs, and more.
1. Take advantage of Facebook ads but don’t forget about your page. Many businesses focus so much on Facebook ads they actually overlook their own page. However, if you generate clicks via ads it is fundamental to not forget about page updates. This will increase the credibility of your overall marketing efforts.
Your ads will perform much better if you have an excellent timeline. Keep in mind that social media is about engaging people, and having a perfect page is a great way to do that.
2. Bring creative rotation into play. Refined Facebook marketers make use of creative rotation inside the newsfeed to refresh their message, increase the click-through rate (CTR), and keep up with the impression amounts. Newer creative will be of great help to generate better performance thanks to continuous A/B testing. Facebook advertisers looking to rapidly boost their campaigns and make the most of their Facebook efforts should set up a system based on a steady refresh of advertising messages.
3. Choose the proper page post format. If your objective is to generate site conversions or sales, choose a “page post link” ad. If your campaign goal is to compel brand connection, make the most of a “page post photo” ad. Page post link ads enjoy a higher percent in terms of conversion rate as opposed to page post photo ads. On the other hand, page post photo ads generate a higher CTR as opposed to page post link ads. You can now combine the two to get the best out of both worlds!
Extra tip: Test what post type works best for you using hidden posts. This is the best way to find out what engages your audience the most.
4. Desktop and mobile ads separation. En route for optimizing newsfeed ad spend, it makes perfect sense to divide targeting into detached desktop and mobile levels, as an alternative of making a single campaign for the two separate devices. This allows you to segment costs and performance and evaluate all advertising strategies with a more professional approach.
You can do that by creating different campaigns or at least different ad sets. Also, make sure to have the proper tracking in place, such as the conversion code, in case you are promoting on-site sales.
5. Keep separate geo-location and test new ones if applicable. Many companies tend to forget that they need to test markets outside of the U.S. for their products or services. These clients will have a lower cost per acquisition and will also open up to new markets in the future. Make sure to consider all potential clients while planning your strategy!
It is also best practice to allocate one ad set per geo-location in order to be able to optimize the ROI in a better and more segmented way.
6. Set objectives and prepare your line of attack. Facebook provides many diverse ad opportunities that help to accomplish your goals. If you're trying to manufacture brand awareness and cultivate your fan population, you may want to begin with standard marketplace ads. Standard marketplace ads direct to your Facebook page and allow Facebook users to like your page straight inside the ad unit. If you have a considerable fan base, you might also attempt to use a sponsored story, wherein the ad comes up to friends who have liked your page.
Targeting with Facebook ads allows you to promote to the correct users based on their actual interests. You can also target users who are friends with Facebook users who have previously liked your page.
If you would like to advertise a specific post from your page (for example, a unique offer or significant news story), you can make use of page post Sponsored Stories to switch your post into a newsfeed piece.
This line of attack isn't restricted to your personal posts; you can also utilize Sponsored Stories to float up the referrals and recommendations regarding your company that are already in your newsfeed. For instance, you can produce Sponsored Stories regarding users liking your page and/or people checking in to your location.
No matter what your objectives and methodologies, make sure that you are positioned to calculate success.
7. Allocate half of your budget to your newsfeed placements, since they are the most effective. Allocate at least half of your Facebook ad budget to newsfeed placements. They are not only more visible but they also deliver more than a few supplementary advantages thanks to a bigger mobile reach.
I have noticed a much bigger CTR and conversion rate in newsfeed ads than right-side ads.
You can distribute the rest of your budget between a like campaign and sidebar ads!
Related Class: Mastering the Facebook Sales Funnel
8. Select text and photos that are simply superb. While creating your ad, Facebook suggests that you write targeted ads with short and snappy text that speaks unswervingly to the fans and users you will reach. Make sure to draw attention to any extraordinary offers or exclusive features that distinguish you from the competition. If your objective is brand and company name awareness, Facebook also recommends making use of your business name in the ad title or anywhere in the body of the ad.
Just because your ad can consist of up to a 135 characters, you should not feel like you have to block up the whole ad. From time to time a shorter line is much better. Use a call to action (CTA) that persuades fans and users to click on your ad and enlighten users as to precisely what action you expect them to perform when they get to your landing page.
The photos you select for your ad are also significant, considering that this is what will seize people's attention, and you ought to consider looking outside of your company logo. Characteristically the most excellent images for conversion are well-cropped headshots. You should stay away from archetypal stock photos and as an alternative try to make use of more natural images with colors that are distinguishable from the blue color format of Facebook.
9. Targeting. The Facebook ad interface makes it extremely simple to choose the demographic profile of a Facebook user you would like to target, counting age, sex, geo-location, education attainment, and interests. However, it is also the only one of its kind in its capability to finely target very precise Facebook audiences.
It's much better to have a few very targeted Facebook users than millions of users who are indifferent and ignore your business. Focus on an extremely precise targeted user with your ads, even though it signifies dropping the volume of your Facebook fans. For instance, if you're using Facebook ads to endorse a sale or a discounted offer, you may like to merely target your present fans, who may be more prone to act in response to a pressing promo.
While targeting local Facebook users, gaze further than self-reported locations and make use of all likely approaches to discover the users that actually live in a given place. Place the names of trendy local companies, institutions, and destinations into the ad manager to better target people living in a given city.
10. Produce and experiment with several ads. Don’t simply run a single ad within each campaign. The smallest alteration in the words you select or the graphic you utilize can have an outsized effect on the CTR for your ad, so it's best to make numerous adaptations of your ad and experiment with them to find out which ad gets the most excellent response.
Facebook makes this course of action effortless. As soon as an ad has been finished, you have the opportunity to “Create a Similar Ad” and just swap in a different image or text. Create five different ads for the similar campaign, use them for a day, and afterwards look at your ad statistics on Facebook to find out which ad performed the best. You can subsequently produce a fresh ad that is comparable to your top-performing ad, but revamp it just a little to observe if you can outdo the preceding performance. Don’t fail to remember to change ads following a short period to trim down ad exhaustion.